The Ultimate Fish Fan Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ultimate Fish Fan Site

The Ultimate Forum For Fish Addicts!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fish are friends not food.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MAGGIE
Mackerel
Mackerel
MAGGIE

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-04-06

Fish are friends not food. Empty
PostSubject: Fish are friends not food.   Fish are friends not food. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2007 8:36 am

Hello everyone,
My name is Maggie and I'm a fish addict. They say that acknowledgement is the first step in recovery. I believe that there is no cure for the fish addict. And I myself can live with that.

Anyway...I have been, you might say hooked since I was about 14 years old. When my parents dug me a small pond in the back yard to put some goldfish in and to raise frogs.

A lot has changed since then. Today I have a 75 gallon freshwater, planted, community tank set up,..... and yes Mom and Dad it's in the house.

I have a 27 year old son who is also a fish addict.....hmmm I wonder where he gets that from. And he has two small children who with no doubt in my mind will turn out to be fish addicts too.

Ok enough about me now a little about my Fish after all they are the main reason that I'm here....right.

In my tank I have.....
1 botia kubotai
2 koi angelfish (male and female)
3 female bettas (one red, one white and one blue)
6 red tail pristella tetras
7 bloodfin tetras
8 trilineatus cory cats (three females and five males)

1 giant pond snail
And an uncountable number of trumpet snails.

My plants right now are...
Anubias Nana
Jave fern,
Temple (stricta) Hygrophilia Corombosa,

I've checked your site out and I think It's really cool. From what I've read everyone seems to be very friendly and very knowledgable. I'm hoping to learn a lot here and maybe I'll be able to pass along some knowledge of my own.

Well that's my intro....... So how did I do?
Back to top Go down
newbury_ian
Trout
Trout
newbury_ian

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Fish are friends not food.   Fish are friends not food. EmptyFri Apr 06, 2007 12:00 pm

Welcome to the forum!! I hope you can pass on some of your knowledge and we will of course endeavour to help out in any way we can.

I am very new tothe hobby myself but am already hooked and am just about to set up my second tank which is a 35G (US).

As for a review of your opening post IO would have to say that you did pretty good!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MAGGIE
Mackerel
Mackerel
MAGGIE

PostSubject: Fish are friends not food.   Fish are friends not food. EmptySat Apr 07, 2007 4:11 am

Thanks for the greeting.
I'm looking very forward to talking with you and the other members of the forum. I think one of the reasons I really like this hobby is because it's always nice to meet other fish people and you can always learn something new from someone else in the hobby.
Back to top Go down
gadgetgirl
Mackerel
Mackerel
gadgetgirl

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Fish are friends not food.   Fish are friends not food. EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 3:49 am

Great intro! Welcome aboard and have fun cheers
Back to top Go down
MAGGIE
Mackerel
Mackerel
MAGGIE

PostSubject: Re: Fish are friends not food.   Fish are friends not food. EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 5:41 pm

Thank you.
It's nice to be here. I've been checking out some of the posts buy the members and already I'm learning some things that I never knew before.
This is such a cool place. Cool
Back to top Go down
newbury_ian
Trout
Trout
newbury_ian

PostSubject: Re: Fish are friends not food.   Fish are friends not food. EmptyTue Apr 10, 2007 12:59 pm

Well it is still a new site and it is slowly gaining new members. Hopefully as time passes and more members join the volume of posts will increase and the level of advice will increase as well.
Back to top Go down
Unlimitedfishboy
Admin
Unlimitedfishboy

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-01-14

PostSubject: Welcome   Fish are friends not food. EmptyThu Apr 12, 2007 12:16 am

Welcome to the forum! You have wrote a great introduction--now I know a lot about you!

Again, a very warm welcome for you.

Regards,

Unlimitedfishboy
Back to top Go down
https://ultimateaquascape.forumotion.com
MAGGIE
Mackerel
Mackerel
MAGGIE

PostSubject: Fish are friends not food   Fish are friends not food. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 2:17 am

Thanks,
it's really nice to be here. I will start doing a little posting soon. I found some posts that I can reply to. And maybe help some members out. I also will be asking some questions and I'm pretty sure the members here will be able to help me too. flower
Back to top Go down
newbury_ian
Trout
Trout
newbury_ian

PostSubject: Re: Fish are friends not food.   Fish are friends not food. EmptyFri Apr 13, 2007 2:16 pm

Well we certainly hpoe we will be able to help you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fish are friends not food.   Fish are friends not food. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fish are friends not food.
Page 1 of 1