The Ultimate Fish Fan Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ultimate Fish Fan Site

The Ultimate Forum For Fish Addicts!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Freshwater flounders

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Unlimitedfishboy
Admin
Unlimitedfishboy

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-01-14

Freshwater flounders Empty
PostSubject: Freshwater flounders   Freshwater flounders EmptySun Feb 04, 2007 6:03 pm

What is the basic care for freshwater flounders? I saw those little flat fish in my LFS and eventually, I bought one of them. Some people say that they require live foods, while others say they accept normal aquarium flake foods. I know those fishes like brine shrimps, so I tried to feed him with the O.S.I brine shrimp flakes. He doesn’t seem to be interested of it at all… pale I also tried sinking tablets with shrimp content, but the result seems to be the same… Crying or Very sad What exactly do they require?

Unlimitedfishboy
Back to top Go down
https://ultimateaquascape.forumotion.com
tetrabarb
Trout
Trout
tetrabarb

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater flounders   Freshwater flounders EmptySun Feb 04, 2007 9:18 pm

A good site to look at may be HERE. But to directly answer your question here is a quote from that website:
Quote :
Foods If it’s small and moves, freshwater flounders try to eat it. Live blackworms or small earthworms work well to start with. Add some feeder white clouds also. They’d probably also enjoy ghost shrimp as they grow. You can eventually convert them over to frozen brine shrimp and frozen bloodworms. Some eventually convert to eating flakes or sinking pellets. Most community fishes will eat all the flakes before the flounders start looking for them. Flounders have an eating advantage at night.
Back to top Go down
Unlimitedfishboy
Admin
Unlimitedfishboy

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-01-14

PostSubject: Freshwater flounders   Freshwater flounders EmptyMon Feb 05, 2007 12:35 am

I have read that website, and I also have tried the brine shrimp flake food and moved it around by the water current of the filter. It did not work at all though...

Unlimitedfishboy
Back to top Go down
https://ultimateaquascape.forumotion.com
andiesch
Mackerel
Mackerel

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater flounders   Freshwater flounders EmptySun Feb 18, 2007 4:27 am

actually these are types of loaches.. not sure the exact name right now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freshwater flounders   Freshwater flounders Empty

Back to top Go down

Freshwater flounders
Page 1 of 1