The Ultimate Fish Fan Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Ultimate Fish Fan Site

The Ultimate Forum For Fish Addicts!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey from minnesota!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dan9807
Mackerel
Mackerel
dan9807

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-01-30

Hey from minnesota! Empty
PostSubject: Hey from minnesota!   Hey from minnesota! EmptyTue Jan 30, 2007 6:47 am

Hey, I'm from Minnesota--which is absolutely freeezing this time of year. I have been in the hobby around 2 years now. Anyway, I have a 10 gallon tank with 4 otos, ghost shrimp, and 2 croaking gouramis. I also have a 2.5 gallon with a female betta, and then a fish bowl with another better. I have to say, I am becoming a fan of labyrinth fish--they are pretty cool. I have always been fascinated by many cichlids, but haven't the time or the money to invest in a tank.
Looking forward to getting more tanks when I have the time though!
Dan
Back to top Go down
newbury_ian
Trout
Trout
newbury_ian

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Hey from minnesota!   Hey from minnesota! EmptyTue Jan 30, 2007 11:38 am

Welcome to the forum dan9807. This is a new forum but those that have joined are all very friendly. You will have to get some pics up of you tanks when you get a chance. Very Happy I have two dwarf guorami, which are labarynth fishes and I love the popping noise they make when they feed from the surface. Cool
Back to top Go down
tetrabarb
Trout
Trout
tetrabarb

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Hey from minnesota!   Hey from minnesota! EmptyTue Jan 30, 2007 3:48 pm

welcome dan! How could you be in the hobby for 2 yrs with only a 10 gallon! Im just kidding, but it might have been hard for me! I have a couple tanks you can see in the photo album and i hope you post a pic of yours!
Back to top Go down
Unlimitedfishboy
Admin
Unlimitedfishboy

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2007-01-14

PostSubject: Welcome   Hey from minnesota! EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 12:00 am

Welcome Dan, welcome to the forum for fish addicts! I've always want to go to Minnesota, cuz there are loads of great lakes to fish!

Regards,

Unlimitedfishboy
Back to top Go down
https://ultimateaquascape.forumotion.com
tetrabarb
Trout
Trout
tetrabarb

PostSubject: Re: Hey from minnesota!   Hey from minnesota! EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 12:02 am

you interested in the 'real' fish too unlimitedfishboy? Whats your biggest fish you own?
Back to top Go down
Unlimitedfishboy
Admin
Unlimitedfishboy

PostSubject: Re: Hey from minnesota!   Hey from minnesota! EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 12:03 am

Yeah I love fishing as well. What do ou mean the biggest fish i own? In my aquarium or somewhere else?

Unlimitedfishboy
Back to top Go down
tetrabarb
Trout
Trout
tetrabarb

PostSubject: Re: Hey from minnesota!   Hey from minnesota! EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 12:07 am

your aquariums. Also how many tanks do u have?
Back to top Go down
Unlimitedfishboy
Admin
Unlimitedfishboy

PostSubject: My aquariums   Hey from minnesota! EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 12:16 am

I generally keep only small fishes, so I think the biggest fish I have is the yoyo loach, about 4 inch or so.

My parents don't allow me to have soooo many tanks, so I only have two. (I know, unbelievable Crying or Very sad )

The tanks I have:

10G community tank, lightly planted
1G tank (Yeah, small so it fits on my desk Razz) Cycling.

I am into the hobby for about ten years now...but I never had a really big aquarium before... pale

Unlimitedfishboy
Back to top Go down
tetrabarb
Trout
Trout
tetrabarb

PostSubject: Re: Hey from minnesota!   Hey from minnesota! EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 12:30 am

i know. my dream aquarium is 55G. my dad actually sounded partly interested and asked me how much it would cost, but when he found out the price of the tank and stand he wasnt to eager to buy it. And i just recently got my 2nd ten gallon which gives me 3 usable tanks, though i have an extra ten gallon that used to house my lizard, but im too lazy to clean it out...
Back to top Go down
Unlimitedfishboy
Admin
Unlimitedfishboy

PostSubject: Tanks   Hey from minnesota! EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 12:32 am

House lizards? What kind?

Unlimitedfishboy
Back to top Go down
tetrabarb
Trout
Trout
tetrabarb

PostSubject: Re: Hey from minnesota!   Hey from minnesota! EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 12:37 am

i used to have 2 leopard geckos (in a different tank), but then one died and so i moved the other one to another tank, but since then they he has also died. (which is secretly a relief cause i was getting tired of dealing with the dirty, stinky crickets
Back to top Go down
dan9807
Mackerel
Mackerel
dan9807

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Hey from minnesota!   Hey from minnesota! EmptyWed Jan 31, 2007 6:54 am

Yeah--I don't have the money or the space for a much larger tank, otherwise I would definitley get one. But yeah--the croaking gouramis are pretty cool--I have only heard them "croak" once, but it was cool--then again, I have had them less than a week, so hopefully I will hear more. The 10 gallon is moderatley planted as well. I would have to say that my dream tank, would be at least 75-100 gallons, with tons of driftwood and plants, and probably a big school of hatchetfish(like 15-20), otos, corys, and either a bunch of rams or a school of forktail rainbows. Eventually, I hope to get some marine reef aquariums and whatnot, but I will wait for another couple of years before I get those.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey from minnesota!   Hey from minnesota! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey from minnesota!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ultimate Fish Fan Site :: Introduce Yourself!-
Jump to: